Bachelor of Science in Accounting
To be a leading program in the region, developing competent and ethical accounting graduates who cater to the global and regional business needs.
To provide students with the accounting knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to meet the challenges of a sustainable business environment.
The Accounting Program objectives are to:
- Develop and enhance competencies in producing, measuring, analyzing, validating and communicating financial and other relevant managerial information to various stakeholder constituencies.
- Equip graduates with business knowledge and skills relevant to a variety of settings with an understanding of professional responsibility, ethical obligations and social awareness.
- Develop graduates' self-confidence, critical thinking skills, analytical skills, decision-making skills and communication skills with respect to technical accounting information.
- Provide the educational background to meet the requirements of various professional accounting certification examinations for students who pursue lifelong learning and continuing education.
- Understand legal, regulatory, and professional standards as they relate to accounting and the accounting profession.
On successful completion of the program graduates should be able to:
- Describe key accounting processes, procedures and theories that are necessary for a professional environment
- State the domestic and global dimensions of accounting issues.
- Recall accounting methods for various business contexts.
- Create financial statements for businesses using accounting principles.
- Apply core concepts and practices in various business situation.
- Develop critical thinking skills in conducting research in all fields of accounting.
- Interpret quantitative and qualitative data for decision making.
- Demonstrate social responsibility, ethics, leadership and teamwork in dynamic environment.
- Show ability for self-education and continued professional development.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills consistent with the accounting environment.
- Use current computerized accounting systems and applications in the work place.
Graduates of the program will be well positioned to take advantage of various career opportunities in different organizations such as industry, banking, transportation, hospitality, telecommunications, retail, financial services, entertainment and insurance services. The following are some areas of potential employment.
- Approved jobs from Ministry of Labor:
|1||1112131||Director, financial and accounting affairs|
|2||1217071||Manager, banking business|
|3||1217131||Manager, accounts and budget|
|4||3610002||Economic and financial affairs technicians|
|5||3611002||Economic and financial affairs personnel|
|6||3620002||Accounting sciences technicians|
|7||3621012||Accounts technician General|
|8||3621022||Accounts auditing technician|
|9||3621032||Cost accounting technician|
|11||4210003||Accounting and financial affairs clerks|
|12||4211033||General book keeper|
|13||4211073||Fee accounts clerk|
- Approved jobs from Ministry of Civil Service: