Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems (MIS)
We are pleased to welcome you to the website of the Management Information Systems (MIS) Program at Jubail University College.
The undergraduate program "Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems (MIS) Program", in the Department of
Business Administration , Jubail University College, Saudi Arabia is accredited by CAC- the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
To develop principled and innovative graduates that transform regional business and society.
To equip students with managerial and technical skills for designing and implementing business solutions through the use of information technology in a dynamic business environment.
Program Educational Objectives:
Graduates of the MIS program will be expected to:
- Employ their managerial knowledge and technical skills to successfully participate in and support information systems and technologies in organizational decision making,
- Analyze and manage the specification, design and implementation of information systems
- Demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary issues related to the field of managing information systems
- Show self-confidence in decision-making, teamwork, effective communication and social responsibility.
- Pursue lifelong learning and continuing education.
On successful completion of the program, students should be able to achieve the following attributes:
- Recall business and management theories, concepts and practices that are relevant for Information Systems
- Describe the processes and be able to support the use, delivery, and management of information systems within an Information Systems environment
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the Information Systems discipline.
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Analyze the impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, security, legal and social responsibilities.
- Show the ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Illustrate the ability to engage in lifelong learning and continuing professional development.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with a range of audiences
- Use current IS techniques, skills, tools and applications necessary for management information systems practice.
Graduates of MIS program are educated and trained to be fit to the employment market and to take advantage of various career opportunities in different sectors such as manufacturing industry, transportation, catering and hospitality, telecommunications & departmental stores and retail, government sector, health care, etc. The following are some areas of potential employment.
Graduates of this program can pursue career opportunities in a range of fields including:
|1. ||Information systems Analysis & Design|
|2. ||Information Systems Management|
|3. ||IT Project Management|
|4. ||Management of Information Services|
|5. ||Communication Network Management|
|6. ||Network Administration|
|7. ||Distributed Systems|
|8. ||Business Systems Management|
|9. ||Business Data Processing|
|10. ||Entrepreneurship in MIS Areas|
Graduates of this program can pursue career opportunities with the following job titles:
A. Job titles adopted from the Ministry of Labor website:
Job titles (English)*
|No.|| Job titles (English)*|
|1||General systems analyst |
|2||Junior Software Developer|
|3||Operations analyst |
|4||Junior Information Manager|
|5||Computer network supervisor |
|7||Junior Business Analyst|
|9||Junior Database Administrator|
|10||Organizational Development Researcher|
|11||Junior System Manager|
|12||International Recruitment Researcher|
B. Job titles adopted/translated from the Ministry of Civil Service website:
|No.||Job titles (English)*|
|1||Information Systems Specialist|
|2||Information Systems Expert|
|6||Information Systems Project Manager|
|7||Chief Systems Designer|
|8||Chief IT Support Technician|
|9||Information Systems Manager|
* Job titles translated in English from Arabic from the Ministry of Labor website.
** Job titles translated in English from Arabic from the Ministry of Civil Service website.