The goals of the Computer Science (CS) Program at Jubail University College are to:
Produce professionals who will become experts in the field of computer science and information technology.
Undertake cutting-edge research that contributes to the advancement of knowledge in the field of computer science.
Be recognized as a leading computer science program in the Kingdom.
Establish and maintain relations with governmental, industrial and academic institutions for the purpose of benchmarking, research collaboration and technology-sharing.
Contribute to the development of the community in the field of computer science and information technology.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the CS program will:
- be successful in working in a computing–related profession;
- be successful in working as individuals, team members and leaders;
- follow appropriate practices within a professional, legal, and ethical framework; and
- engage in life-long learning, advanced degree programs, or professional development.
On successful completion of the CS program, graduates will be able to:
- Recognize the main theories and principles of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program's discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles